In today’s business world, online reputation means almost everything. As a matter of fact, online reputation is so important that many businesses are now opting to hire firms that manage their online reputations. If you have decided to take that all-important step, then you may be wondering what, exactly, the company you are paying the big bucks to will be doing.
Here is a guide to what to expect out of your online reputation management company:
- Search engine rankings. One of the primary goals of any reputation management strategy is to control what is on the first page of search engine results when someone searches for your business. This is no small task, considering many SEO specialists might struggle to land just one spot at the top of page one. However hard it is, it is important that you control what potential customers see when they search for you . . . and that means monopolizing that first page.
- New content creation. Your online reputation management company will come at your case from a multitude of angles – many of which have to do with creating new content for the web. This may entail building websites, writing blogs, submitting articles to directories, developing your social media presence, and more.
- Countering negative content. In the event that negative online content is damaging your business’ online reputation, your online reputation management company will take measures to counter that negative content in a number of ways. This usually involves both defensive and offensive tactics, in the form of damage control (responding to negative reviews, clarifying questionable reports with new reports, etc.), strategic placement of new, positive content, and working to outrank negative sites on search engines.
- Regular reports. Your online reputation management company will produce reports detailing the exact information you want, as often as you’d like. For example, if you want page ranking comparisons and social media campaign specs side-by-side, your company should be able to do that for you.
- Customer service. It is very important that you and your online reputation management company work together as a team. You should be able to get satisfactory feedback on your questions in a timely manner, and you should also feel that your input is valued.
Online reputation management is a complex process, and completely different from online reputation marketing , but it is also tantamount to your business success. To make the most of your online reputation, and to have complete control over it, you may want to enlist the help of qualified and competent professionals like us that do both processes to ensure your company’s reputation is built, repaired, and leveraged to get more customers. Click here for information about our reputation marketing process.
Submit your review